Monday, January 4, 2010

Dip Spit does in fact freeze.

Can winter be over? If you asked me 2 days ago what I thought of all this snow I would have replied,

"Its flippin sweet! All of Jays dip spit freezes so I dont have to worry about knocking it over in the car!"
I changed my mind. I want it gone. It can still be balls cold, I just want the snow gone. Here's why...
I don't drive in the snow, I really have no reason to drive when its this cold. Jaidyn takes the bus to school and I'm a Stay at Home Mommy. Yesterday I decided to venture out on my own. Jason being the very nice guy he is, came out with me and cleaned the windshield so I could see. I start driving....I get on the freeway and as soon as I have merged into my lane a semi truck comes flying by me, covering the wind shield in mushy dirty crap. I turn on my wipers and use the wiper fluid, it freezes to the window. Nice, I am driving blind on a freeway. Like my driving skills aren't bad enough. Lets take away 90% of my visibility. I get off on the first exit I see. I come up to a four way intersection with a red light. I press down on the brake to stop. My van decided not to stop. To top it off I hit some ice. I dont know what to do when you hit ice...I now know you should NOT push the brake as hard as possible. I spun out in the middle of the intersection. I was terrified.I came home and cried like a baby in my bed. Stupid snow! Can I move back to Oceanside just for the winter?

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Move back!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the snow but I am so ready for it to be gone...glad you are safe!

Heather said...

I am ready for warmer temps myself!! I would love to go to the beach too until the cold weather passes!